Cy Creek swim team is making waves
According to a story by Chronicle correspondent Jason McDaniels, the Cy Creek swim team is poised to strike at the 2010 UIL swimming championship in Austin. The team is led Jonathan Edwards, the No. 1 seed in the 100-yard backstroke and 200 freestyle.
From the article:
Edwards claimed regional gold in the 100 back for the third consecutive year, finishing in 49.62 seconds. He won the 200 free for the first time in 1:38.63. Both were Region IV-5A records.
He's also on the 200 medley and 400 free relays that were called up. The 200 medley relay finished second in the region to The Woodlands the only team seeded ahead of it at the state meet.
He's a pretty phenomenal swimmer," [team coach Jeff] Chandler said. The sky's the limit with him as far as I'm concerned.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG