Boys Athlete of the Week: Huntsman fuels Cy Woods
Colton Huntsman, Cypress Woods
• Notable: The senior quarterback was 11-of-14 passing for 409 yards and five touchdowns and had nine carries for 123 yards and two more touchdowns in a 55-27 win over Langham Creek on Friday. Huntsman recently returned from an ankle injury he suffered Sept. 11.
• Quotable: "He ran real well and threw the ball great. He looked real good. He looked like he had before (the injury). ... This gives us a great opportunity to play well and finish on a high note."
- Cypress Woods coach David Jones
• Reggie Bryant, North Shore: The senior running back had 12 carries for 191 yards and two touchdowns in the Mustangs' 35-12 win over Beaumont West Brook on Friday.
• Dillon Duarte, Tomball: The senior kicker was 3-for-3 on field goals, including a 40-yard game-winner as time expired, to help the Cougars to a 28-27 win over Dekaney. Duarte also made an extra point and converted a successful onside kick that helped Tomball possess the ball for the game-winning drive with 10 seconds left.
• Peter Maetzold, Friends-wood: The senior quarterback was 19-of-30 passing for 256 yards and two touchdowns and had 21 carries for 107 yards rushing and four touchdowns in a 41-37 win over Manvel on Friday.
• Carter Odenweller, Northland Christian: The sophomore running back/safety intercepted three passes, had eight carries for 135 yards, and caught five passes for 105 yards and a touchdown in the Cougars' 43-20 win over Westbury Christian on Sunday.
• Trey Williams, Dekaney: The junior running back had 32 carries for 304 yards and three touchdowns in a 28-27 loss to Tomball on Friday. Williams is the area's 5A leader in rushing with 1,521 yards.
Local Advertising by PaperG